Bale’s injury woes drag on and he’s a doubt for Madrid derby

first_img CET Bale has now missed four La Liga games and is not in the squad for the Champions League game against Roma. He’s also a serious doubt for the Madrid derby against Atletico on February 27. His performances, naturally, are affected by the continuous injuries.  Bale’s relapse while he was recovering from the injury has lengthened his time out of action and caused a headache for Zinedine Zidane. “If it’s hurting, it’s normal that you can have a setback. Bale is so important for us, we are not going to risk anything. I don’t want him at 80 percent,” the Madrid boss said ahead of last weekend’s league game against Athletic Club.  The Wales national team fear that the umpteenth injury to their star, Gareth Bale, could drag on. Osian Roberts, an assistant coach to Chris Coleman with the Welsh side, has expressed his concern over the Real Madrid star’s constant calf problems in an interview with the BBC.   Sport EN 16/02/2016center_img Upd. at 12:50 “I hope Bale is fit, but the most important thing is the injury clears up because it can re-occur,” Roberts said. The most recent calf injury has left Bale out of action for nearly a month now. “Time will tell over the next two or three weeks how that develops as Gareth steps up his rehab, and we’ll take it from there.” Wales have a friendly against Northern Ireland on March 24 in Cardiff. “He’s got some key games coming up for Real Madrid and it’s important for us that he’s fully fit for such an important tournament in the summer. Both ourselves and his club will have Gareth’s best interests at heart. It’s important that the injury fully heals and he doesn’t come back too early.” Physical problems with his calfs are now an eternal problem and he’s been sidelined six times for similar reasons since he arrived in Spain.last_img read more

Neville bemoans ‘incredible’ decision which costs Valencia Europa League

first_imgGary Neville was furious with a decision not to award handball as his Valencia side crashed out of the Europa League to Athletic Club on Thursday night. Goals from Santi Mina and Aderlan Santos had moved Valencia into the lead in the tie, but a second half strike from 31-goal forward Aritz Aduriz sent the Basque side through to the quarter-final.  Sam Marsden 18/03/2016 CET “I said one thing at the end of the game to the players: that I loved watching them play tonight. From minute one I loved watching them play. That wasn’t the 14th best team in La Liga, it’s a team that’s beaten Athletic and made them look ordinary. They’re not ordinary, they’re good.” However, Neville was angered by a handball in the build up to that goal by Markel Susaeta. Just moments earlier, he was keen to point out, Valencia’s Andre Gomes had been pulled up and cautioned for a very similar incident. center_img Upd. at 02:12 However, Neville, who was sent to the stands for protesting in front of the referee, praised the performance of his players, even if the desired result didn’t fall their way in the end on an enthralling night at Mestalla.  He added: “Tonight is a negative, because we go out of the Europa League, but it was a good performance. I like to watch that team tonight, so did the fans. We have set a minimum standard. We have to repeat that.  “I just thought it was incredible,” he said about the official’s decision to let play go on in his post game press conference. “The incident with Andre Gomes was 30 seconds before… and then to be right in front of him again, 30 seconds later and not to give it, not to give a booking, I was astounded really. Not because it’s the worst decision I’ve ever seen, but because of what had happened before that.”last_img read more

Wolfsburg coach Hecking calm ahead of Santiago Bernabeu challenge

first_img 11/04/2016 at 19:10 The coach added: “We’ll have the same attitude as against Moscow and Manchester United. It is not something new for us. We are used to it now in the Champions League and I think we will do pretty well. The two sides meet in the Champions League quarter-finals at the Santiago Bernabeu, with the visitors starting with a 2-0 lead from the first leg. “We know what Real Madrid and the Bernabeu mean, of course it is intimidating. We have a lot of respect for them, but I also believe we deserve respect for what we did in the first-leg.” CEST Sport EN Wolfsburg manager Dieter Hecking is calm ahead of his team’s clash with Real Madrid on Tuesday night. “Real Madrid needs to use the myth (of the Bernabeu on a European night) to overcome Wolfsburg at home and I think they are going to try,” he said. “We don’t have to do more than play football. If tomorrow there are 80,000 Madrid fans we don’t care. The only important thing is how we play, that is what we came here to do.”last_img read more

Argentina manual tells journalists how to flirt with Russian girls

first_img RELATED STORIES Messi: Real Madrid get results even when they’re playing badly 16/05/2018 Messi: I am not tempted to leave Barcelona for anyone Within minutes of the images of the manual being shared on social media, it had gone viral. It was soon edited with the section removed, but some journalists still have the original.  Other advice includes “don’t be negative,” “don’t ask the typical questions,” and “be careful, some are interested only in money and material things.”   The Argentine Football Federation (AFA) have published a manual offering advice for journalists covering the World Cup summer and it includes a section on how to flirt with women in Russia.  El pólemico manual de la AFA para ligar con mujeres rusas en el Mundial As well as subjects such as language and Russian culture, it also, bizarrely, includes a section on how to chat up women.  El polémico manual | INSTAGRAM As well as the journalists, the manual will also be delivered to board members, players and coaches who are travelling to the World Cup.  CEST El polémico manual | INSTAGRAM “What to do if you have a chance with a Russian girl,” it begins. “The Russian women, like other women, pay a lot of attention if you are clean, smell nice and are well dressed. The first impression is very important for them. Pay attention to your image.”  The controversial manual has been distributed among around 40 journalists who will accompany the team through this summer’s finals. According to the manual, it was edited by “a third party outside the AFA who lived in Russia for many years.”  It added: “Many men, because Russian women are beautiful, only want to take them to bed. Maybe they want that, too, but they are people who want to feel important, unique. The advice is to treat the woman like she’s someone with value.  “Russian women like men to take the initiative, if you don’t have confidence in yourself then you need to practice speaking with women more. on’t worry, there are a lot of beautiful women in Russia and not all of them are right for you. Be selective.”   IN SPORT.ES sport.es El polémico manual | INSTAGRAM Upd. at 13:56 last_img read more

Valencia’s Simeone Zaza rejects an offer from China

first_img If Zaza does leave Valencia this summer he’d prefer a move back to Italy. Milan, Torino, Sampdoria and Sassuolo are all interested in the striker but none have presented offers anywhere near the value of the one from China. IN SPORT.ES CEST SPORT.en Zaza rechaza una oferta del fútbol chino The interested Chinese team hasn’t officially been named but it’s believed to be Guangzhou Evergrande who are coached by Fabio Cannavaro.center_img Upd. at 18:35 Zaza is only 26 years old and wants to stay in Europe where he feels he can still win trophies and grow as a footballer. This season he finished with 13 goals, all in LaLiga, and was Marcelino’s chosen man in that number nine slot. However it appears as if Valencia’s coach is after a different type of striker as they get ready to take on the Champions League next season. Simone Zaza’s future at Valencia remains unclear. Well, the only thing which is clear is that he won’t be playing in the Chinese Super League. ‘Superdeporte’ report that the former West Ham and Juventus striker was offered a contract by a Chinese team after Valencia accepted a €30m bid for his services. For the Spanish side the money on offer was too good to turn down but Zaza isn’t interested in moving to Asia. 18/06/2018last_img read more

“Neymar and his father know what’s for the best”

first_img Meanwhile, Flamengo forward Bruno Henrique added: “Neymar arrived happy, joking with me. He said he was going to cut my hair. I think he and his father know what’s for the best.  Upd. on 04/09/2019 at 10:43 CEST “However, in everyday life, Neymar is a happy guy, always messing around with everyone, humble. What will happen in the future depends on him and those in charge of his career. I hope he’s happy because he deserves the best for his career.”   03/09/2019 IN SPORT.ES sport.es “Neymar y su padre saben lo que es mejor” “On Neymar and all that’s been talked about, it’s normal that it’s been given so much importance because of the quality he has as a player,” said Santos full-back Jorge. center_img “We didn’t speak about [failed Barça move], just about the national team. He’s a guy that plays around a lot. So, as for his future, I don’t know what will happen. The important thing is that he’s with us and helps us a lot.”   His teammates have received him warmly and the first to speak about his situation have been Bruno Henrique and Jorge in a press conference on Monday.  Neymar frustrated, sad & angry at failed Barça transfer RELATED STORIES The transfer window closes: Rakitic remains a Barcelona player Neymar is now with the Brazil squad in Miami. His arrival at the team’s camp in the United States this week caused a huge media storm, but his teammates have welcomed him with open arms. Following his failed return to Barcelona, Neymar is now focused on the national team before thoughts turn back to Paris Saint-Germain. last_img read more

A sign of the times? Indian team turn down beef in Australia

first_imgAdvertisement 3f8NBA Finals | Brooklyn Vs4i7fxWingsuit rodeo📽Sindre E1itv4( IG: @_aubreyfisher @imraino ) vxfkWould you ever consider trying this?😱4ln20hCan your students do this? 🌚7dy20Roller skating! Powered by Firework The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has reportedly asked the Australian authorities to remove beef from the menu for Indian cricketers slated to tour the country this month. A two-member team from the BCCI had travelled to Australia to inspect the venues and made this request to the hosts. The officials asked for this to be included as a clause in the Memorandum of Understanding between BCCI and CA.Advertisement Team India cricket captain Virat Kohli after a win.“Players often complain about the blandness of food served in Australia,” an unnamed official was quoted as saying by the tabloid. “There are a few vegetarians in the team who really struggle at the grounds. The inspection team has also roped in an Indian restaurant in Australia to supply curries to the boys.”“Earlier, players would even consume cheeseburgers while on tour. It has all changed. Even if they indulge once-in-awhile, they are a highly disciplined lot during a series, which basically means minimum red meat,” added the report.Advertisement It is reported that BCCI has urged CA to have more options of fruits and will appreciate the dietary preparations were Indianised to suit the need of the Indian players.India are set to play three Twenty20s, four Tests and three One-Day Internationals on the tour of Australia.Advertisement Advertisementlast_img read more

Football: Neymar ‘in constant touch’ sparks wild fire of stunning comeback to Camp Nou

first_imgAdvertisement fhitNBA Finals | Brooklyn VsxcdmWingsuit rodeo📽Sindre Eafkkbdy( IG: @_aubreyfisher @imraino ) 7g0lgWould you ever consider trying this?😱epwCan your students do this? 🌚4opbRoller skating! Powered by Firework Brazilian forward Neymar has reportedly been “in constant touch” with the representatives at Camp Nou, which increasingly cements the possibility of the Paris Saint-Germain star back to Barcelona, where he stayed for four years with the Catalans before moving to the French capital last year for a world record transfer fee of €222 million making him the world’s most expensive player.Advertisement As per reports from Spain, contact between the representatives of the club as well as the player are ongoing and a source from the club said the calls are constant between the two parties. However, there lies a catch with the whole deal, and it is courtesy of Neymar’s present club PSG.The problem is the negotiation with PSG. “There is no release clause for next summer, although for 2020 the price is fixed: 160 million euros,” the source reported. But what makes this rumor interesting and a little bit more credible is that Barcelona are repeating the same strategy for luring in Neymar, which also attracted Suarez and Coutinho, by ultimately letting the player speak out in the media.Advertisement Persuasions to reunite with his old friends from all fronts and ends of Neymar including peers and professional friends are in progress, as the Brazilian superstar often made a trip to the locker room when visiting Barcelona.Despite his release clause being comparatively far low than it was expected, should Neymar make a blockbuster return to Catalonia in the future, things will definitely be very different at both camps in France as well as Spain.Advertisement Advertisementlast_img read more

Rise to the top: Jimmy Neesham reveals the conversation with Martin Guptill moments before…

first_imgImage Courtesy: CrictrackerAdvertisement w779NBA Finals | Brooklyn Vsu6b9Wingsuit rodeo📽Sindre E9m1g( IG: @_aubreyfisher @imraino ) 87Would you ever consider trying this?😱astCan your students do this? 🌚d8Roller skating! Powered by Firework Jimmy Neesham and Martin Guptill were entrusted with the responsibility of chasing down the target set by England in the super over of the World Cup final. Despite matching the total set by England, the Kiwis had to watch the hosts lift the trophy as a result of the boundary count rule.Advertisement Image Courtesy: CrictrackerWhile the Blackcaps are currently preparing for their tour to Sri Lanka, the wounds from London still lay fresh. Despite the vibe during the super over being nervous in general, Jimmy Neesham claimed that he was not even a bit nervous and revealed the conversation with his partner Martin Guptill before making their way onto the field.The all-rounder revealed that he spoke with Guptill about the time they used to bat for Auckland back in New Zealand before Neesham switched to Otago. Neesham said:Advertisement “I wasn’t nervous at all. It was a feeling of excitement and possibilities. The cards didn’t fall our way that day, but I’m still very proud of how we went out and took the game on and maybe in four years’ time, it will be different,” “Guppy [Guptill] and I sat on the sidelines before we went out for the super-over and we actually played club cricket together in Auckland in about 2009 before I left to go to Otago. I turned to him and said ‘From batting together at Ken Maunder Park 2009, to a World Cup final at Lord’s. How good is this?’ And we had a little laugh and walked out,”Advertisement Read Also:Virat Kohli rubbishes reports of rift with Rohit SharmaThe Plot Thickens: Sarfaraz Ahmed expected to be axed from test captaincy, replacement being considered Advertisementlast_img read more

Carles Aleña closes Twitter account after receiving tons of insults

first_img The Barcelona midfielder, who joined Real Betis on loan this month, told El Larguero this week that he could “never say never” when it came to signing for Real Madrid.  Carles Aleña has been forced to close his Twitter account after receiving insults following comments he made on Spanish radio about Real Madrid and Sevilla.  The problem there was that the social media manager for the radio show wrote in a tweet that he said: “The truth is that yes, they’ve made me anti-Seville.”   10/01/2020 Aleña’s account has subsequently been inundated with insults and he has taken the decision to close it down for now. “Football has many turns,” he said. “I’ve been a Barca fan all my life. It would be tough but they’ve always taught me, never say never. But for me they are a rival team.” Carles Aleñá cierra su cuenta de Twitter por insultoscenter_img Upd. at 20:38 IN SPORT.ES Álvaro Hernández (@AlvaroHdez13) CET He was also asked if he was now “anti-Sevilla” after signing for city rivals Betis and he said: “Well, yes, of course, when you arrive at Betis and you see the rivalry there is…. it’s clear that now I’m a Betis fan.”last_img read more